Tuesday, February 16, 2010

New York City Ballet


One of my favorite ballerinas is Sofiane Sylve. She has been in different professional ballet companies including San Francisco Ballet, Dutch National Ballet, and New York City Ballet. I only saw her perform while in NYCB but she was amazing. She performed one of the lead roles in A Midsummer Night's Dream at Lincoln Center and it made me fall in love with her dancing. There are videos on youtube.com of her doing nine pirouettes (turns on one foot) in a row, its great.

New York City Ballet is one of my favorite ballet companies as well. Not only is it easy to see them because I live close to the city but its always been amazing! At the end of this month, New York City is performing an awesome piece called "Jewels." There are three different parts of this show, Rubies, Emeralds, and Diamonds and all the costumes are red, green and white. Student Rush tickets are $12 and it is totally worth seeing!

No comments:

Post a Comment